Pests are serious problem for everyone. Hence each house owner wants to get rid of this problem. The pest elimination problem starts from preventing these organisms from entering your home. It is easier to control pests before they enter your home, rather than waiting until you have to deal with a full-blown infestation inside your property. Hence it is necessary to hire professional pest control service provider company. Here are a few home improvement tips that you can try at home that will keep insects and rodents at bay.
1. Always remember that the best method to control a pest problem is to invest in measures that prevent the situation from occurring. Therefore the preventive methods are a key element of the pest control plan that you choose. This involves sealing the possible entry points, cutting off the food sources that attract pests and lock all the breeding grounds.
2. Replace old foundation vents with properly fitting and properly working foundation vents.
3. Store all of your food and drinks in tight containers.
4. Get rid of any standing water in your front yard or backyard.
5. Sweep and vacuum your home's floors regularly.
6. Empty your trash on a regular basis.
7. Get rid of any standing water in your front yard or backyard.
8. Inside and outside the home, proper management of waste elements, from open air sewers to garbage facilities, is one way of eliminating breeding grounds. It is certainly a good pest prevention method. Lying poisoned bait can a good way of controlling rat populations, too.
9. Fix any leaky faucets around your home.
10. Keep your bathroom as dry as possible.
There are many types of natural pest control products and methods that are available. Green pest control isn't going to do away with the application of pesticides. The major natural pest control techniques are as follows:
Many plants naturally repel insects. Mint, lavender, and garlic make great additions to your garden and have been proven to ward off some common pests such as aphids, moths, and beetles.
Flowers like alyssum, basket of gold and columbine that bloom earlier than other varieties also attract many helpful insects and encourage their growth. They do not harm you in any manner while in your garden, and they feed on other harmful insects, which you may be trying to eliminate through the use of chemicals.
Lavender goes well to repel fleas and moths, but attracts helpful insects, like bees, that promote the healthy growth of plants in your garden.
There are products for outdoor areas - The use of pest control products isn't just limited to indoor use since there are definitely non-toxic and environmentally-friendly products that you can use in taking care of your lawn, your plants and even for your landscaping projects. Yes, your lawn can also be prone to pests, such as termites.
Fresh mint goes to eliminate a number of pests from your garden. These include fleas, ants and rodents. Simultaneously, these plants attract favorable insects, including bees. The limitation of growing mint is that it grows very fast and may become difficult to handle if not cared properly. You can avoid its overgrowing by planting it in containers.
The author does not allow comments to this entry